Saturday, July 21, 2012

Champ Camp Game 7: Fog Ciy prevails 6-5

OK, so the Championship is not within Fog City's grasp, but the tourney goes on. Fog City has two more games to play. Here is Ed McGovern's report from Game 7.

Fog City wins 6-5 on last minute goal.  

Sorry for the tardiness in the report.  It was raining before the game last night and then a heavy mist during the game that had everything wet, including my notebook.  And then about 5 seconds before the end of the game, when the other team was trying to tie it up and had possession, their attackman tried to curl around from behind the cage and he and our Jack collided and Jack's helmet crashed down on the bridge of his nose with a terrible cut that took 10 stitches at Hopkins Emergency last night.  He's ok though.

Game Report:

Billy Sullivan starts in goal and played the whole game.  Made some great saves including two terrific saves in the last 30 seconds to preserve the win.

Lorenzo Iacomini, Riley Burke and Ryan Pidgeon start at D.  Brenden Hahn, Joe Lang and Marcus Holzberg start at attack.  Game had some very good plays by Ryan Kase, Danny Casey, August Peters and Lorenzo Iacomini.

The White team scored first and lead most of the game.  My notes are all a mess from the rain but I think Cullen Vincelette scored our only goal of the first half and it was 2-1 the other team at halftime.  We had a lot of shots go wide or off the post and it looked like we were down because of the earlier loss to the Dukes team.

But we make a charge in the 2nd half.

2nd Half:

Spencer Evans got us tied up with goal #2 for FC.  They took back the lead at 3-2 and Matt Emery tied it at 3-3 on a man up situation for FC.

Moore Harris scored the next goal for us on a rocket of a shot driving down the left alley of the box.  4-3 FC  Joe Lang put us up 5-3 with the next goal.  But White came back and tied it up with 2 straight goals.  5-5 with about 1 minute left.

Then Cullen Vincelette grabs a loose ball and sprints down the field creating an unsettled situation for the White on their D.  He finds Joe Lang cutting across the middle and Silky buries the shot to give us the final lead 6-5.

But as I said earlier, it was far from over.  The D played tough and Billy Sullivan made some terrific saves in the last 30 seconds to preserve the win.

One more game this morning.  It would be great for the boys to go 7-1 here if they can win.

No comments: