Monday, January 28, 2013

Movin' On

With apologies to Lewis Carroll:

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and college lax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


After a decade of posting about, watching, and talking about Northern California lacrosse,  I have reason to spend the next four lax seasons on the East coast – watching college games in all three NCAA Divisions. Most of the players I knew in Youth and High School lacrosse, in indoor leagues and on summer travel teams have moved on. Literally dozens of them have made the cross-country trip East. My Son is just one of them. I've never seen an Amherst vs Williams game, a North Carolina vs Duke game, or a Harvard vs Yale game! So, for the next four years, that's where you can find me from mid-February to Memorial Day.

Oh, I'll write here every so often – maybe once every month or two – and even then, it'll be about the college game. But, I'll still be watching the game I love and watching all the NorCal guys I've known over the years as they make their mark on the college game.

So, to all those who read this blog and to those who continue to read the NorCalLaxForum, where I was lucky enough to find games enough, or teams enough, or players enough to write 3,470 posts – I want to say, "Thanks for the memories!"


P.S. There may be a couple of you who wonder what my connection to NorCal Lacrosse is:


Here's my boy in the Blue and White of Lamorinda and the Blue and White of Yale.
He's 8 years old in the top picture and 18 years old in the bottom, where he's on the left.


2 comments:

Jeff May said...

Best of luck to JW on his college career! I know you'll have a blast following East Coast lacrosse. I appreciate all of the great posts on your blog also. You are the best news source around for Nor Cal lacrosse. I am back to coaching youth this spring myself, and absolutely loving it. I am coaching the PLC U15A team. I have no kids on the team, which actually makes it a little easier to coach. Hopefully I'll run into you at some HS games this season if you are in town.

Jeff

Billax said...

Thanks, Jeff! PLC is lucky to have you back.