Friday, February 17, 2012

Casey Hock - Queen's University season opener 2/18


Casey Hock

Saturday, February 18th, I'll drive about 2 1/2 hours west of my winter home to see Casey Hock and his DII teammates at Queen's University take on the Lenoir-Rhyne Bears (another North Carolina DII team) which is currently ranked #9 in the nation. This game will be the season opener for Queens and should provide a good test for the Royals, as it's an away game. I'm told by impeccable sources that Casey will get some field time, so off I go to Hickory, NC to see our NorCal HS AA in his first regular season college game. Should be fun.

Of course, I did see Casey in a fall ball scrimmage at Queen's, so this will be the second time I'll have seen him play in college. You might think that I'm a big Casey fan. You'd be right! I'll let y'all know how he looks.
____________________
Addendum: I drove over to the game between Queens and Lenoir-Rhyne and saw a good game. My sources turned out not to be impeccable. The outcome of the game was not determined until 30 seconds remained in the game and, as a consequence Casey did not see the field. I looked carefully at all the attack who played for Queen's and didn't see any reason why Casey won't get playing time soon. His stick skills and sneakiness are assets too valuable to waste. 

No comments: