Thursday, February 28, 2013

College: NCAA DII: Queens University thrashes Coker, looks forward to Colorado Mesa

Casey Hock


Queens University thrashed Coker last night, 14-6. NorCal standout Casey Hock went off for 6 points in the game – with three goals and three assists –  leading all players in points. Coker is a middle of the pack team in NCAA DII, ranked 26th out of 50 by LaxPower, while Queens weighs in as #10 in DII. Casey is playing very well, starting all four games and leads the Royals in goals with 7 and points with 10, while being tied for 2nd in assists with 3.

The game of interest to NorCal fans takes place between Queens and Colorado Mesa on March 9th. The Mavericks, ranked 20th in DII, travel to Charlotte to take on the Royals. I've never seen the Mavericks play, but they have a strong NorCal contingent on the squad. I have seen the Royals play, though only twice, and I'll  put my money on Queens, primarily because Colorado Mesa has to travel 2/3 of the way across country to play the game.

Sadly, I won't be in the stands, as I'll be in New Haven, taking in a series of games that Yale will be playing, but a part of me wishes I could be in Charlotte for this game! Biggest aggregation of NorCal guys going at it in all of the NCAA!

No comments: